Churches list on the website
The communications ministry of the diocese is in the process of updating the diocesan website. Work is being done to make accessing information easier and faster. Part of this will be updating how the churches of the diocese are listed. Instead of having a page for each church, we will have an easy to access list of cities and towns where our churches are located. Clicking the city/town name will expand that section to show all the congregations in that location. Information listed will only be the address, phone number, email address, and website with link for the church.
The churches website initiative is providing a web presence for all churches that need one or want to use our servers, so all of our churches should be able to provide the other important information needed for those seeking an Episcopal church. Also, the diocese is partnering with FaithStreet to offer yet another way for people either seeking a new church home or just a visit as they pass through your community. Several of our churches have already signed up!
The FaithStreet church finder
There is a “church finder” on The Episcopal Church website and our diocesan website, but research shows that the denominational affiliation of a church is not important to most people who are looking for a church or who are exploring Christianity. FaithStreet’s goal is to help us reach those people more effectively.
FaithStreet is really easy to use, and allows you to create a great looking church profile designed around reaching newcomers. And there is no cost to you! Here’s what you have to do:
1) Please visit our Diocesan Page on FaithStreet
2) Scroll Down and search for your church in the search bar by entering the zip code or city/state of your church (if your church is missing, email email@example.com and they will get you set up)
3) Once you find your church, click on the church icon and visit the page. There is a large, orange “Get Started” button. Click this button and then sign up to create an account. You can create an Admin account for your church using your personal Facebook account, or sign up via email address. You can also add additional Admins after you claim the page and sign up.
4) Complete your profile! Here’s a link to a “5 Tips to Creating a Great FaithStreet Profile” guide to help you create a great looking profile that will help you reach new people.
5) Add a “Find Us on FaithStreet” badge to your church website. You’ll see how to do this once you have signed up. The badge is located in your Church Dashboard on FaithStreet. If you need help installing the badge on your website, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and they will help you install it at no cost.
6) Invite your church members to “join” your FaithStreet page and leave positive testimonials about your church. You’ll see the “Community Members” section on your FaithStreet page. A few positive testimonials from community members can go a long way towards making newcomers feel welcome!
7) Email email@example.com with any questions or problems!